Now Hiring: Director of Resource Development
May 24th, 2017
United Way of Bucks County is seeking a smart, talented, and detail-oriented Director of Resource Development.
About us: United Way of Bucks County, is a dynamic, mission-focused non-profit in Bucks County, PA.
We provide help, care, and opportunity to the most vulnerable people in our community. That means helping kids who can’t help themselves, stabilizing struggling families, and ensuring that older adults are safe and secure.
We fight hunger, help the homeless, provide emergency help, help young kids connect to education – and much more.
If you are a passionate fundraiser and want to do a lot of good, please consider joining our team.
Our perfect candidate will be able to:
- Lead our fundraising efforts. Oversee all workplace campaigns, build relationships with new and existing business partners, secure major gifts, and bring in new sponsorships and grants.
- Oversee our database. Run reports and queries, define how people, events, and gifts should be coded, audit data entry (this is done by a colleague), help make strategic decisions regarding outreach, and keep donor info up to date. This is all done in Raiser’s Edge.
- Execute marketing plans. Work on both traditional (brochures, letters, sell sheets) and online (web, social media) marketing campaigns and assist with PR.
- Help with signature events. Support the project managers of key events like Bucks Knocks Out Hunger, Stuff the Bus, Gift Card Drive, #girlSTEM, and more. This includes both marketing and fundraising support.
- Contribute to strategic leadership. You must be a leader, be ready to offer ideas, and always take the initiative to help our organization grow.
- Jump in when needed. We are a small but mighty team. You will frequently be asked to help in areas other than your own. We’re looking for a team player who can multi-task and will represent UW Bucks well.
- Minimum five years of paid fundraising experience, including online giving and donor database management
- Grant writing experience
- Ability to work independently and set personal goals
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Public-speaking experience
- Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Positive, can-do attitude
- College degree
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 9, 2017.
Your cover letter must include a little background about your experience, why you are interested in this job in particular, and your salary requirements.
No resumes without cover letters will be considered.