Stuff the Bus
Wells Fargo & United Way of Bucks County present Stuff the Bus 2019!
Here in Bucks County, 16% of kids struggle to have their basic needs met. For these kids, things we may consider ‘basics’ -like back to school supplies – can be hard to come by.
In 2018, our donors and volunteers provided 3,378 kids in need with backpacks stuffed with school supplies. This year, we expect over 3,500 requests from nonprofits, school districts, and families.
We believe it’s critically important for ALL kids to start the school year with the right supplies. That’s why we need your help with Stuff the Bus.
Our goal in 2019 is to provide 3,500 backpacks to Bucks County kids!
We’re grateful to have the support of presenting sponsor Wells Fargo, as well as sponsors Bank of America, Bay Sales, BB&T, Comcast, Cummins, Fairless Hills Fire Department, First National Bank and Trust of Newtown, PECO, and Sesame Place.
But we need your help, too! Make a donation now!
We have temporarily re-opened the request form for families until Monday, August 26. If you need a backpack and school supplies for your child, please place your request ASAP, but no later than 5 pm on Monday, 8/26.
Thank you for your dedication to education here in Bucks County. For families who are struggling to make ends meet, receiving help with school supplies for their children is a heavy weight lifted from their shoulders. Your support means children will have the supplies they need to start the school year prepared and ready to learn. Here’s how you can help.
If you are a resident of the community you can:
- Donate supplies. For many people, purchasing school supplies is an easy way to participate. You can drop off NEW supplies at the UW Bucks Fairless Hills Office, 413 Hood Boulevard Fairless Hills, PA 19030 or at a designated drop off location, see www.uwbucks.org/stbsites for a list of locations. All supplies must be received by Monday, August 12th or Tuesday August 13th.
- Donate money. If you don’t have enough time or physically are unable to shop, you can help by providing children in need with a full backpack of supplies for $35.00 each (donations of all sizes are accepted). To donate, please
- Send check or cash to UW Bucks, 413 Hood Boulevard Fairless Hills, PA 19030 with Stuff the Bus in the memo line.
- Pay by credit card below.
If you are a business, you can provide support by donating money, hosting a mini drive, or both. To host a mini drive, please follow the steps below:
- Decide on when you’d like to host the collection drive.
- Click "Host a Mini-Drive" below to print out a tool kit, logos, donation log, and customize a flyer or poster for your collection.
- Let UW Bucks know that you’ll be hosting a mini drive by sending an email to Danielle at email@example.com or Sophie at SophieM@uwbucks.org
- Take pictures of your set up and of your team members making donations and send them to Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have fun!!
Please remember that all donations must be dropped off at a designated drop off site. Supplies must be dropped off on Monday, August 12th or Tuesday, August 13th.
If you have questions please feel free to reach out to Danielle at email@example.com or 215.949.1660 ext 112.
If you have what it takes to get other people excited about a project, try hosting your own mini-drive! Our volunteers have hosted drives at work, in their neighborhoods, and even ‘Stuff the Bus’ parties at home.
We will need all of the supplies you collect by August 12 – 13.
To get started, you will need:
- Stuff the Bus Logo
- Flyer you can customize for your drive
- 8.5 x 11 flyer
- Poster you can customize for your drive (great for the front of your box)
- Donation log (for tracking and thank you notes)
- Thank you card for your donors (print and fold)
- Stuff the Bus Toolkit
• Glue Sticks
• Colored Pencils
• Hand-held pencil sharpeners
• Marble composition books
• Three-ring binders (1 inch)
• Loose-leaf notebook paper (wide and college ruled)
• Pencil case for binders
• Spiral notebooks (wide and college ruled)
• Pocket folders
• Gift cards to Walmart, K Mart or Target (for agencies to purchase other supplies)
CLICK HERE to register to volunteer at Stuff the Bus!