BKO Themed Food Boxes
Make your food drive a fun, family activity. Decorate and fill a themed food box for BKO Hunger. Below are some possible choices, or design your own. Remember, a theme box can include other food items and paper products too!
All donations are welcome! No time to create a food box? You are more than welcome to bring us a bag of food.
Please no glass containers or expired food. Please check dates before donating.
Many older Bucks County residents are unable to grocery shop for themselves right now.
Fill a box with things that seniors like and need, such as:
- breakfast cereal
- nutri-grain bars
- no sugar added applesauce
- low-sodium canned vegetables
- Include an encouraging note to a senior who may be alone or add in some word-find puzzles you can print from the internet
With school out for the summer, some kids aren’t getting the nutrition they need.
Prepare a box just for them, including things like:
- no sugar added juice
- shelf-stable boxed milk
- breakfast cereal
- fruit cups
- fruit roll-ups
- canned fruits in their own juices
- shelf-stable string cheese
Staying healthy during this stressful time requires a diet that includes proteins.
Make a protein power box with items like:
- peanut butter
- beans (canned or dried)
- canned chicken
- canned salmon
- Research together what other non-meat foods are high in protein
Don’t forget our vegan and vegetarian friends.
They could use items like:
- brown rice
- olive oil or canola oil
- lemon juice
Keeping safe these days means keeping clean.
Create a cleaning product box including:
- paper towels
- laundry detergent
- dish detergent
- bar soap
- toilet paper
Make birthdays and other special days fun for someone, even if they can’t go out.
A celebration box with:
- cake mix
- canned frosting
- paper plates
- Add in some no-sugar added juice for a special toast
- What other “happy foods” can you think of?
We can't forget our furry friends! Pack a box for Fido and Fluffy.
Include items like:
- dry dog and cat food
- canned dog and cat food
- cat litter
- other essential things that pet parents need to take care of their furry housemates
While creating and shopping for a themed box can be fun, a mix of the most needed items requested by pantries is just as important. All donations are welcome! No time to create a food box? You are more than welcome to bring us a bag of food.
Here is a list of the most requested items:
- Canned Fruit - low in sugar
- Canned Vegetables - low in salt
- Grains - like brown rice or whole grain pasta
- Protein - like tuna and canned chicken
- Dairy - like shelf stable milk and cheese
- Other cooking essentials - like olive oil, low sodium broth and bullion, and spices
We can’t wait to see you and your fun decorated boxes on Saturday, June 20, 2020 for BKO Hunger!
Dropoff sites for the BKO Hunger Food Drive are: