Box Your Boss to Help BKO Hunger
July 18th, 2013
Get your office psyched to knock out hunger in Bucks County. Power up Wii boxing, throw some punches, and support BKO Hunger!
Top 5 Reasons to Host a Box Your Boss Event
- Who doesn’t want to KO the CEO (and hunger at the same time?)
- You can finally put your office rival in their place.
- An office boxing tournament boosts morale and lets you to trash talk your office mates.
- Wii Boxing is a great way to fit a workout into your lunch break.
- Take the junior staff members down a peg with a few humbling rounds of boxing.
Unsure where to begin? There are a few ways to get the competition started.
1. KO the CEO: Take a few swings at upper management while helping hungry residents of Bucks County! Set your per-game donation levels to match the level of competition, with the CEO at top. Keeping fitness in mind, charge a premium for those more elusive managers!
2. Tournament Style: Participants commit to paying per game ($2 or $5) or paying a tournament entrance fee ($5 or $10). Enlist a sports fanatic to create a bracket for a winner-gives-all tournament. Participants advance until a champion is crowned and office bragging rights are established.
3. Grudge Match: Is there beef between departments? What better way to settle the score than a boxing match! Set a challenge fee for each match, and let the staff call each other out and into the ring.
Our friends at the Intelligencer already put this idea into action earlier this week! They held a few boxing matches, charging $5 per person, and let the games begin. The Courier Times plans to do the same soon.
No matter how you structure your Wii boxing event, consider allowing side bets for each boxing match to get more involvement, more fun, and more support for Bucks Knocks Out Hunger!