Bucks County Youth Community Service Project
February 26th, 2014
Funding Opportunity for School Student Groups!
We want to see all young people to make a commitment to community service and volunteerism! To help them get there UW Bucks and our partners at Foundations Community Partnership are offering schools mini-grants to plan and complete a community service project.
What you need to know:
- The United Way of Bucks County has created a mini-grant program for student groups to submit a funding request to carry out a community service project.
- Each Bucks County school district and the Intermediate Unit will be awarded up to $500 for school clubs or classroom groups to cover the incidental expenses of student generated community service projects.
- Foundations Community Partnership, the funding source for the grant program, has a long history of supporting young people with special needs. Grant applicants are encouraged and expected to be inclusionary in their project activities and outcomes.
How to apply:
- The school district United Way Campaign Coordinator/Community Service Coordinator in each school district will manage the mini-grant award process in their school districts in partnership with a designated United Way volunteer.
- Interested student groups will complete a simple application form provided by the United Way. Applications will not be accepted from individuals.
- Please read the complete grant application procedures before completing your application: grants4ed Application Procedures.
- Your grant application must be completed and submitted in the same sitting. It can not be ‘saved’. Please use our printable planning worksheet if you need to make notes prior to completing your application online.
DO NOT DELAY! All grant applications must be submitted by March 14, 2014.
A United Way volunteer will contact the UW Campaign Coordinator/Community Service Coordinator in each school district to explain the details of how the mini-grant program will work.
Ready to get started?
If you have any questions about this project, please contact Heidi Phillips at email@example.com.