New Bet on Success Fundraiser Strives to Create Pre-K Scholarship Fund For Kids in Need
March 6th, 2018
Bet on Success is a casino night fundraiser that helps kids in need. United Way of Bucks County hopes to provide low-income and at-risk kids scholarships for quality pre-k education.
Presented by Penn Community Bank and the Young Donor Committee of United Way of Bucks County, Bet on Success has a goal of raising at least $35,000.
Here are 5 ways you will make a difference:
- You make kids smarter: Children need access to early education. 90% of a child’s brain capacity develops before the age of 5. Early ed is the best chance these kids have to succeed in life.
- You help kids succeed when they grow up. Decades of researchshows that while all kids benefit from early education, low-income kids show the greatest gains. They are more likely to graduate high school, go to college, and be financially self-sufficient as adults than their peers who don’t get help.
- You support some of our hardest working families. Low-income families struggle to cover the cost of early care and education. For low-income working families, child care and pre-K education are the families biggest expense. That is particularly true in our area where full time pre-K is over $10,000 per year.
- You make sure parents can get to work so they can support their kids. When parents with young children have a financial crisis, they get stuck in a spiral that’s hard to break. They can’t cover their childcare, which means they can’t get to work. When they can’t get to work, they can’t support their kids — or cover things like childcare.
- You level the playing field. 76% of kids in Bucks County who should be getting publicly funded Pre-K don’t get it because of budget limitations. You help change that when you Bet on Success.
When you Bet on Success, you change lives.
Imagine: You do all of this while having a great night out with your friends! Thanks to our generous sponsors, every dollar you donate goes right to the kids.
Questions? Please contact Sheri Ratner at email@example.com or 215-949-1660 ext., 114.
To learn more about Bet on Success, click here.
Bet on Success is presented by Penn Community Bank and organized by the Young Donors Committee of the United Way of Bucks County. Generous sponsors include Suez, Wegmans, Comcast, Parx Casino, Enterprise, and BB&T!