United Way of Bucks County Offers Online, Free Tax Filing Tool
February 5th, 2021
More than 1.2 Million MyFreeTaxes® Filers Have Used MyFreeTaxes since 2009
Today, United Way of Bucks County announced the launch of this tax season’s MyFreeTaxes.com site. For the 12th year, United Way is providing online tax filing software, accessible through MyFreeTaxes.com, to help taxpayers easily and accurately file their taxes from their computer or smartphone. MyFreeTaxes® is an easy way to file simple federal and state tax returns for free.
“Taxes can be a source of confusion and stress for people in Bucks County,” said Marissa Christie, President & CEO at United Way of Bucks County. “Many of us are intimidated by the complexities of taxes and afraid to make a mistake that will cost money. With MyFreeTaxes, you can take advantage of all the tax credits and deductions you qualify for. That’s especially important now, as so many are struggling in the wake of the pandemic.”
Key features of the online tool include:
- Screens for credit and deduction eligibility such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and the Child Tax Credit to ensure filers receive their maximum tax refund, and lets filers check for any missed stimulus payments
- Shows filers how and why their refund amount is changing in real time
- Allows individuals to use their mobile phone, tablet, or computer to file taxes
- Help from a real person trained by the IRS via the MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline. The Helpline is open from 10 am-10 pm EST daily to clarify things like filing status.
- Access to additional financial products and resources, including free access to a student debt management tool that will help employees easily lower payments or find loan forgiveness.
MyFreeTaxes is FREE for all simple returns and includes schedule C options. A list of the tax forms included in this free offering is available by visiting MyFreeTaxes.com. MyFreeTaxes users can also contact United Way of Bucks County for additional resources or to find ways to volunteer to support the community.