Giving is the new ‘getting’. Bigger than Black Friday. Better than Cyber Monday. 12.02.2014 is Giving Tuesday – and for the second year in a row, United Way of Bucks County is doing it big.
Last year, we brought you the CEO CHALLENGE: Jamie Haddon completing fun stunts to raise money for UW Bucks. This year, we’re switching it up and getting the community involved – including representatives from Delaware Valley College, Visit Bucks County and more!
Tuesday, December 2nd will be considered #GivingTuesday gifts. We have a #GTB goal of $2,500, to be invested in education, income and health initiatives in Bucks County, to make it a better place for all.
UW Bucks staff and supporters are going head to head in silly challenges during the week leading up to 12/2/14. The challenges will be filmed, and posted on YouTube privately. The only way for people to see them is to donate to UW Bucks on Giving Tuesday.
· If you donate $15, you can choose one challenge to watch and we will send you the link.
· If you donate $25, you get the links to ALL challenges, for ten minutes of exclusive, hilarious UW Bucks footage.
· BONUS: Every gift of $25 or more will be matched, dollar for dollar, from an anonymous donor. This means that if you donate $25, not only will you get to see every video, but your gift will also be valued at $50!
Want to know what our Giving Tuesday team has been up to? Check out the challenges:
· Pizza Party: Eat a slice of pizza as fast as you can, without using your hands.
· Jingle Bells: a race to bounce out all the jingle bells in an empty box, strapped to your back.
· Target Practice: One person covers their face in whipped cream, and their partner tosses as many M&Ms on their face as they can, from five feet away, in one minute.
· Cup Castle: Build the highest castle of solo cups in one minute.
· Get Stuck: Stick as many sticky notes on your face, one by one, in a minute.
· Tight Tees: Put the most Live United tees on in one minute.
· Face the Cookie: Get an Oreo from your forehead to your mouth fastest using nothing but your face.
· Egg Roulette: Two people break a dozen eggs on their heads – 8 are hardboiled, 4 are raw (and messy!). Challenge ends when one person gets two of the raw eggs.
Again, we need your help. Just $25 gets you an all access email AND will be bumped to $50, thanks to our #GivingTuesdayBucks match.